Calling All Volunteers!
Want To Help Us Maintain The Capitol Forest Trail System?
We work with Department of Natural Resources to do .... because...
We are Always looking for volunteers to help
Work parties are on saturdays
Be at the Club Property at 8:30am to sign in and get your instructions.
posted on the calendar
How long does the work party last?
What Type of Trail Maintenance do you do?
When do we do it?
How Often? just not in inclement weather
What time of year?
What Time Of Year Do You Conduct Trail Maintenance?
We hold Work Parties out in Capitol Forest throughout the year. When the trails are closed for the season, we work with the Department of Natural Resources to perform trail maintenance every other weekend from the beginning of January through the end of April. During this time, we focus on clearing downed trees from the trails and draining standing water that has accumulated in the trails over the winter. Once July starts, we get back to work by cutting back overgrowth from the trails every weekend prior to our annual Smuggler Poker Run event.
What To Bring?
You can bring the following items:
How To Get Started
Its easy to get started and become a TTC Volunteer.
- Click the button below to be taken to the Tacoma Trail Cruisers Work Party Sign-Up form.
- Choose a Saturday that fits with your schedule.
- Click Submit to notify us that you would like to volunteer and we will notify the Work Party Lead.
- We will contact you to confirm your volunteer date.
- Arrive at the Club Property on your volunteer date no later than 8:30am to sign-in for trail maintenance and receive instructions.
- Club Property Address: 9201 Sherman Valley Rd SW, Olympia, WA 98512
If you have any further questions, send us a message through the Contact Us page.